Health Office » Home


Each school in Tift County has a school nurse. They provide first aid for school-related injuries. School clinic staff is available to consult with parents as needed regarding health concerns of students

Over-the-Counter Medications

Tift County schools are no longer providing over-the-counter medications (such as Tylenol, Benadryl, etc.) to students.  Any over-the-counter medication that your child might need to take during school hours must be provided by the parent/guardian.  All over-the-counter medications provided to the school must be in the original bottle, unopened, and sealed.  This is for your child’s protection.If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the school nurse at 387-2430. 

Children with Special Medical Conditions

If your child has a medical condition that requires daily medications or classroom accommodations, we can write Individual Healthcare Plans (IHP) with help from parents and the student’s medical doctor.  These plans just help us take the best care possible of students with medical problems. Often we have kids with really bad health problems, and we don’t even know it until the problem occurs at school (such as an asthma attack or a seizure). IHPs can be written for the students with documentation from the medical doctor and input from the parents. The plans are given to everyone that has direct contact with that student (classroom teacher, PE teacher, music teacher, etc).


All students must comply with the state regulations regarding immunizations schedule.

If you have any questions regarding your child’s vaccination, please call your child’s healthcare provider.